Texas Adventure Wedding – Big Bend Elopement Package
Description of your Texas Adventure Wedding - Big Bend Elopement Package
Looking to have a Texas Adventure Wedding? Our Big Bend Elopement Package might be just the right choice for you!
Most people don’t know about this amazing jewel of a park hidden deep down on the Texas/Mexico border. Once you visit, you will NEVER want to leave. The beauty of this desert Mountain scape is unmatched in my opinion. Come and visit during the springtime and see the amazing abundance of flowers blooming off the cactuses and wildlife exploring Big Bend National Park. The colors are just stunning when everything is in bloom. Fall is also fantastic because the weather is just PERFECT! You will NOT regret having your Texas Adventure Wedding here and having a fantastic hiking adventure!
- Elopement location: Terlingua, Texas, United States
- Elopement length: 6 hours
- Meeting point: Couples Air-Bnb/Hotel
- Participants: 10 guests can join apart from the couple
- Experience: Getting ready, drive to trailhead, first look, hike to Balanced Rock, Ceremony, Cake cutting, sunset dance
- Sightseeing: desert Mountain scape, Big Bend National Park, Balanced Rock Trailhead
- Climate: Desert climate or arid climate: Dry, with big temperature difference between night and day. Hot & sunny days with little shade and cold nights.
Light layers to protect from the sun during the daytime and a jacket to keep warm after the sun sets in the desert.
- Available: October to May
- Recommended months: Springtime from March to early May and Fall from October to December
- Activity level: Moderate – Few hours hike or walk.
- Fear of heights is a condition which excludes partaking on the experience.
About the Hosts of your Texas Adventure Wedding
We’re Jessica and Yousef. A husband/wife photo/video team based out of East Texas. We absolutely thrive on creating a badass adventure for our couples! When we’re not out shooting weddings or elopements, we can be found adventuring with our two womb gremlins, lol. We love to cruise around on the Harley or take Bessie the Thunderbird out for a Sunday drive. Sometimes we can just be found hanging out on the porch trying to decompress with a cigar and a glass of whiskey.
Give us a shout and let’s go on a badass adventure together!
Itinerary of your Big Bend Elopement Package in Texas
This is just a sample itinerary of your Big Bend Elopement Package and can be individually adjusted for your Texas Adventure Wedding.
12:00 – Meet at Air-BNB/Hotel for getting ready/detail photos
1:00 – Head to Balanced Rock Trailhead (4-wheel drive or high clearance vehicle needed)
2:30 – Arrive at Trailhead and Change into wedding attire for First Look
2:45 – First Look
3:00 – Hike up to Balanced Rock
4:00 – Arrive at Balanced Rock Summit and explore
4:30 – Ceremony
5:00 – Cut the cake
5:30 – Share first dance as the sun is setting
6:00 – Coverage ends, hike back to the car and head back to hotel
What is included in your Texas Adventure Wedding - Big Bend Elopement Packge
- Florals – Bouquet / Boutonniere
- Cake for cake cutting
- Permitting Assistance for your Elopement in Big Bend National Park
- Pre-wedding consultations via phone or video chat
- Detailed Timeline for your Texas Adventure Wedding
- 6 hours of photographic and video documentation (min. 300 edited high-res photos delivered within 6 weeks after your adventure wedding)
- Video feature trailer (2-4 minutes) with the video story of your trip delivered within 6 weeks after your adventure wedding
What is not included in your Texas Adventure Wedding - Big Bend Elopement Packge
- Travel to/from the Big Bend Area for your Texas Adventure Wedding
- Meals – Cake included, meals can be had at restaurants in Terlingua before/after your Big Bend Elopement
- Car rental
What to bring to your Texas Adventure Wedding
- Hiking boots
- LOTS of water
- Clothing you can easily layer during your Big Bend Elopement (lightweight long sleeve hiking shirts are awesome)
- Small hiking backpacks
Wedding Items to bring:
- Rings & Ringboxes
- Handwritten vows
- Speaker to play favorite song for first dance
- Wedding attire
- Marriage License
How to prepare for your Texas Adventure Wedding - Big Bend Elopement
- Make sure to hydrate well before your Texas Adventure Wedding, the desert is very dry.
- Bring plenty of water to carry on the trails of your Big Bend Elopement.
- If your skin is sensitive to the sun, please bring lightweight coverings and sunscreen for protection.
- Good sturdy hiking boots are a must, there are a lot of sharp cactuses on the trails.
- Sunglasses and hats are nice to have to keep the sun out of your face while hiking.
The nearest airport is in El Paso which is a 4-5 hour drive or San Antonio which is about 7 hours drive.
This is an EXTREMELY remote location, which makes it amazing for relaxing and solitude and star gazing, but not great for finding everyday luxuries. Please make sure to stock up on medicines, specialty items needed before arriving.
There is a great convenient/grocery store before the park for stocking up on grocery items.
Add-ons to your Big Bend Elopement Package in Texas
- Guests (up until 10 persons) can come at no extra charge
- Large Photobook, 12 x 12 Leather 20 page Album, 750 USD
- Small Photobook, 8 x 10 Leather 10 page Album, 500 USD