2-day Romantic riverside adventure wedding- kayaking, hiking and enjoying the hills of Hungary
Description of your Hungary Adventure Wedding Package
Imagine eloping into a hidden paradise in Central Europe, just an hour away from Budapest, the Paris of the East. Hungary is the hidden romantic gem in Europe, with lovely landscapes, comfortable weather, and various activities for your wedding day. It is a perfect choice for a laid back, chilled adventure wedding full with possible program options from hiking through kayaking program to historical sightseeing.
Hungary is not well known on the international map but locals and countless expats living here do now that it is a little hidden romantic paradise situated in Central East Europe. Green hills everywhere with lush vegetation, abundant lakes and rivers, mild and sunny weather during most part of the year, amazing cuisine, proper four seasons, the majestic beautiful capital of Budapest (voted most beautiful city in the world on various occasions ), several cultural gems in every corner of the country, the kindness of the people and the affordable prices make it as an ideal elopement and honeymoon destination.
Utter your vows at the spiritually charged place of the Danube Bend of Hungary – just one hour away from the capital, Budapest – overlooking the majestic Danube river. Kayaking, hiking, cooking goulash on a campfire and having a musician or even watching a fire dance can make this riverside adventure wedding just perfect.
- Trip length: 2 days, one overnight
- Meeting point: Pick up in Budapest, the Hungarian Capital
- Number of participants: between 2 and 10 people
- Experience: Kayaking, hiking, sunset elopement ceremony on Hungarian hilltops overlooking the Danube river, sightseeing optional camp fire and musicians and fire dancers,
- Accommodation: wooden cottage with a lot of charm overlooking the Danube Bend Valley
- How many people can join: 8 extra people
- Level: suitable for beginners even, smooth hills, Danube river current is smooth,
- Climate: Hungary has proper continental 4 seasons, so weather changes all throughout the year, with most days being sunny. Summers months are hot (30-35 °C/80-100°F during day, 15-20°C/60-70°F during night), Spring and Autumn is mild and more unpredictable, Winter being cold (10-minus 5 °C/23-50°F with occasional snow.
About the Host
Hi, I am Zsuzsa, you can call me Susana.
I am from Hungary and now I divide my life between Mallorca and my homecountry.
I am a photographer and visual artist for 10 years by now. I am also a tour guide so showing my country’s hidden gem is my big passion.
I love taking photos of love and life. Of couples in love, families, children or just one person enjoying the beach, and their glorious body. I love being part of weddings, be it adventurous or not, and creating memories for a lifetime. I love the joy of co-creation of photos. My photos would be nothing without the subjects, without their emotions and without the beautiful backdrops. Photography is a celebration of life, that is why it is my big passion.
I speak English, German, Hungarian, Spanish, Italian and French.
When I do not take photos, I like to move my body, dance, do arts and enjoy life. A big fan of yoga and pranayama and all kinds of sports and movements. I am also a firedancer and juggler. Movement and dancing complements my photography activity just perfectly.
Itinerary of your 2 day riverside elopement
I pick you up in Budapest at an agreed spot. Budapest is an amazing city, it is also called the Paris of the East, so maybe we make just a tiny sightseeing tour from the car, if we have time. It is a one-hour ride to get to the Danube-bend, a perfect mix of river and hills. It is a magical place.
I bring you to your accommodation and we can do getting ready photos if you feel like. Accommodation is in a sweet countryside cottage overlooking the river, with all the comfort elements and in a romantic settings.
Then it is time to embark on our adventure hike up together to a high point for sunset hours. Imagine uttering your wedding vows in front of the hills and the magical Danube river, connecting so many lands and one of the most sacred rivers in Europe. I am sure you will feel an eternal connection with it for the rest of your life.
The Danube Bend is said to house a special stone which has healing power and some identify it as a kind of Heart chakra of Mother Earth. It is sure that there are many spiritual centres in this area, enjoying the deep peace of the location.
After your weddings vows, I guide you back to your cottage or you can decide yo stay and hike on your own and enjoy the beautiful evening, and gaze at the stars.
Picnic lunch, snacks and water/tea is provided. You can cook dinner for yourself in the cottage or there are plenty of nice restaurants in the riverside. Hungary has an amazing cuisine.
I will help you with grocery and suggest you eateries of course.
You can have a lazy morning and then we go for an optional adventure wedding program. It can be kayaking on the Danube river, another hike to a different spot or we can visit the medieval Visegrad castle on the other side of the river. There is plenty of things to do and enjoy life there. In summer months, you can also go swimming in the river.
We will make a couple photo session also on this day.
We can have lunch together at a local place.
By evening I take you back to Budapest.
What's included in your adventure wedding in Hungary
- Pick up and drop off from and to Budapest by car
- Guiding for the 2 days
- Complete photographic documentation – with 2 exclusive photo sessions (wedding ceremony, wedding portraits/intimate couple session) – min. 350 photos delivered within 5 weeks after your adventure wedding
- Picnic lunch and easy lunch for the two days
- One chosen adventure activity: kayaking, Castle sightseeing, hike
- Accommodation for one night
What's not included in your riverside elopement
- travel to/from Budapest
- travel insurance
- Breakfast and dinner on both days
What to bring and how to prepare
- Wedding Dress/suit
- firm, closed in hiking shoes
- comfortable hiking and casual clothes for the right season
- swimwear (not for winter though) for swimming in the river
- hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- head torch
- Hiking and kayaking is easy, normal fitness level is enough
- Hair & Make-up Styling on wedding day (USD 230)
- Natural flower bouquet (USD 230)
- Celebrant (USD 300)
- Goulash cooking dinner on fireplace (USD 300)
- Fire dancer (USD 230)
- Musician (USD 230)
- Extra night at Dunabe Bend (USD 115/person)