Description of your Utah Desert Wedding Package
Whisper your vows to your true love as the sun rises over the Utah deserts, painting the yucca and red canyons with golden light. Dance to live acoustic guitar music on the rim of a red rock canyon. Let your feet dangle over the edge while you snuggle up with your morning coffee. After your ceremony, some photos, and a warming breakfast, drive down into the canyon to hike on ancient red and white petrified sand dunes. Enjoy a gourmet picnic under the desert willows complete with local Utah cheeses and beverages. As the air warms up, you’ll have the option to retreat to a tiny slot canyon, climb down into a dark lava tube cave, or cool off with a swim in a secret swimming hole. In the afternoon, take a scenic hour drive through the desert reef and head to the candy-striped mountains! After a 1 mile hike through the sage and sand, enjoying the plethora of lizards, insects and birds that call this area home, be wowed by a panoramic view where you can see everything from Zion National Park to the city of St. George. Scramble along the checkerboard rock that’s a beautiful swirl of white orange and red rocks. We’ll watch the sunset over this majestic view and end your magical day by enjoying epic views of the milky way.
- Trip length: 12 hours
- Meeting point: Snow Canyon State Park, St. George, Utah
- Number of participants: between 2 and 10 people
- Experience: sunrise adventure wedding ceremony overlooking a canyon and extinct volcano, dancing on a canyon rim to live guitar music, hiking a slot canyon, white rock mountains, and petrified sand dunes, then taking a sunset hike out to a candy-striped mountain where we’ll watch the stars.
- Sightseeing: volcanoes, red rock desert, canyon, slot canyon, white rock mountains, sand dunes, desert plants, Utah wildlife, night skies
Level: Moderate with at 5-8 miles of hiking, some of which is on sand and uneven surfaces.
- Climate: desert climate – dry, hot & sunny days with little shade (up to 39°C in the summer and 15°C in the winter) and cold nights (0°C in the winter and 25°C in the summer)